Changes and Updates
Nominations for Steering Committee Co-Chair and Action Committee co-chair are open! Co-chairs serve staggered two year terms and are responsible for setting the quarterly Steering meeting agenda, leading Steering meetings, and communicating with the action committees. Anyone who has been with the LAA for at least one year is welcome to nominate themselves.
Nominations may be sent to email@example.com. Please include “Nomination” in the title.
Impact & Analysis continues to work on a quantitative testing report and Disability Service Office literature review. Vendor Relations continues to develop a Vendor Accessibility Toolkit using guidance from existing vendor Accessibility Maturity Models.
- A webinar on Transforming Librarianship to Model Neuroinclusion in Libraries will happen on Wednesday, February 28 at 3 p.m. EST.
- The Digital Library Accessibility Policy and Practice Guidelines is available as a PDF from CLIR.
The Training Committee is working toward providing a webinar to cover the contents of this new outstanding resource. The Training Committee is also pursuing a new LAA Onboarding Training initiative by creating Core Lessons that will provide members with a baseline level of knowledge to engage in work within the LAA as well as use this knowledge to serve as ambassadors of LAA at their respective institutions.
View all our e-resource evaluations on the Testing page.
Who We Are
The Library Accessibility Alliance (LAA) advocates for improving library e-resource accessibility. We are a multi consortial organization, with each member organization contributing funding and expertise.
Our current members are:
- Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA)
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA)
- Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC)
- Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation (IPLC)
- Florida Virtual Library (FLVC)
- University System of Maryland & Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)
Share a story with the newsletter: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.